Monday, January 28, 2008

Our Weekend...







Friday night we spent the evening with our friends Travis, Diana and Brayden Barr. We went out to eat and then back to their house for ice cream. We had such a good time with them. Jarrett and Blake LOVE Brayden....they played and played with him. He was liking them too....he didn't let those boys out of his site! It was so cute.
We didn't get home until after midnight!! Jarrett fell asleep in the middle of their living room floor while we were talking....Blake was playing all around him. Blake could go strong until 2 or 3 in the morning...and he has before.
Anyway....
They have been our friends for years. They moved away for a couple of years, but now they're back HOME!
Little Brayden is sooooo cute! He is such an answered prayer. Diana has such an awesome testimony.
Diana had prayed about having a baby for quite some time.....alot of the ladies at our church have prayed right along with her.
When Diana had Brayden, I went to the hospital to see them....as soon as I walked in I hugged her and we both cried. It was definitely tears of joy! It filled my heart with such joy to see sweet little Diana holding the little baby that she had prayed about.
Travis is such a good Daddy. He loves that little boy so much! Brayden looks like both of them. They're the sweetest little family EVER!!!! They're so happy.
Diana is a Summer girl....just like me. We used to go to the pool together all the time. Friday we were talking about all the fun we have had together. We have gone to amusement parks, the beach, haunted houses, Splash Country and spent alot of time just lounging by the pool.
I'm looking forward to lots more fun times together!
We can't wait for Summer =-) Hopefully, Brayden will love Summer just as much as we do!!

Diana took the pictures that I have posted above while we were at their house. I thought I would share just a few of them with you....I knew you ladies from church would LOVE to see Mr. Brayden. When I downloaded these pictures to my computer I got those teeny tiny ones....hopefully they're big enough to see just how adorable he is!

This picture is Brayden with the little puppy dog outfit and puppy that we got him.
Diana says he and that puppy are big buddies ;-)

*******************************************


Saturday we had our Upward Basketball game. We had a great game. We played the Volunteers and they're REALLY good! We didn't win, we actually lost by 20 points. UGH! But, our boys played hard. We could have gotten beat by ALOT more....so Michael and I thought our boys played great! Jarrett scored 12 points. Woo-Hoo!! He had another great game too.

Mamaw NaNa and Papaw Dan were able to come to this game. I love to watch their faces while Jarrett is out on the court playing. They have nothing but smiles on their face....they're very proud of their grandson.

After Jarrett 's game we stayed to watch, my friend, Jayme's girls. Ashley plays basketball and Allie cheers for Upward. It worked out good because they were playing and cheering at the same time...that doesn't happen too often. Jayme asked me if I would take some pictures of them for her. We had planned on staying and watching them anyway...so I just brought along my camera. This is Ashley's first year playing, she has cheered for 2 years previously.
Ashley is a good basketball player. She gets right in there and gives it her best shot. Literally ;-)

Ashley =-)
Allie =-)....this is Allie's 3rd year cheering.....so she is an old pro!

Then Saturday evening Michael's plant manager invited the staff to dinner at Chop House. They have just recently acquired a new account. It's a very large account, which means alot more business for the plant. So he wanted to take the management out to dinner as a thank you for a job well done. He gave each of the managers a plaque to hang in their office. It talked about leadership. It made me even more proud of my feller =-)
He works so hard....he deserves some recognition every now and then!

Michael's parents (Mamaw NaNa and Papaw Dan) stayed with the boys so we could go out to dinner. We ate and then wound up going back to the plant managers house to play pool. I couldn't wait to see his house.....I knew it was going to be pretty spectacular...and it was! Only 3 couples including us, went back to his house out of the 12 that went to dinner.
So, the guys played pool while the ladies enjoyed getting acquainted.

I wasn't too enthused about going at first.....but once we got to dinner it was alot of fun. Michael works with some really great people. We didn't get home Saturday night until 12:30. I hated that we got home so late, but Nancy and Danny didn't mind, they just like to see us go out and have some fun.

Needless to say when we got home from church we enjoyed our Sunday afternoon nap.

We have had a great weekend! and as usual...I hated to see it end!!!!

Snowflake Divider

No comments: