Friday, January 25, 2008

Mommy Moments =-)

Did you ever climb into bed with your Mom and Dad when you were little and scared?
Boy...I sure did. My imagination would run away with me, I would get scared and run into Mom and Daddy's room. Climb into bed with them...get smack dab in the middle under the covers and fall fast asleep. I felt so safe!
Well....Blake is doing that now with us. I have complete sympathy for him...because I can remember so vividly doing it myself. ;-)
Last night I woke up...yet again...to two big blue eyes staring at me. Which in the middle of the night...it's a little startling!
Anyways....he said "Mommy, I scared of a bampire." (aka vampire...I have no earthly idea WHERE he heard of or saw a vampire..Who knows!!) "Can I sweep in your bed?" (aka sleep) and of course I let him =-). He climbed in the bed with us bringing along his blankie and his kitty cat...snuggled down into the covers right in between his Mommy and Daddy.
The safest place in the world!!
He was asleep within seconds. That's one of those Mommy moments I love!
I look at Jarrett and Blake and just think of how quickly time passes. I want to enjoy EVERY second with them and everything they do!
Because...I know one day when Jarrett and Blake are all grown up...I will wake up in the middle of the night for no reason....and wish I had those two big blue eyes staring back at me.

Snowflake Divider

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You spoke words of truth.
My kids grew up right before my very eyes. I only wish I could go back in time and enjoy them all over again.

Love you Jennifer
-Ann

Tam said...

My two little guys sleep with ME most nights. It is sort of a pain and lots of time I sneak out and return in the morning. My oldest will wake up in the morning and say MOMMY I missed you. I think he knows I sneak out....lol I am as back before they wake though!! lol Great Post

Amy said...

I agree with Ann. My kids have grown up so fast! The girls were 5 and three when they moved in and their brother came a couple years later when he was 3 1/2. So I missed out on some time with them and some of those moments of crawling into bed with mom and dad because they are scared. Now they are 21, 19 and 17. Where did the time go? Sigh.

Keri said...

Oh this is so sweet! And I needed to read it tonight. For weeks my little one has been wandering into our room at night. (bad dreams I think) Needless to say I'm getting TIRED! I just want one night without legs and arms all akimbo in my back and sides, lol. But you're right- someday they wont want me for nothin'! I need to appreciate them while they're willing to snuggle with Mommy :) I'll be missing it someday...

Faith said...

So sweet! My oldest slept with me most nites when I was nursing her; the youngest did NOT like sleep sharing with us; she only sleeps with us when scared but...oh so precious it is. My oldest used to sleep with me when my husband was in Europe for work 3 months at a time. I miss those days! (She is 14, little sis is 9). I still let the 9 yr old come in to our bed when she has trouble falling asleep....it goes by so fast! Enjoy every minute!

Anonymous said...

When I was little I would crawl in my parents bed and get between them. One night my mom told my Dad to put me on his side of the bed and so he picked me up and dropped me on the floor. I never crawled into their bed again. Jimmy said that caused me to be some dizzy