This is getting totally out of hand!!
No really, I love every second of our busy lives. I wouldn't have it any other way =-)
We had our first Upward Basketball Game on Saturday.
If you have never heard of Upward Basketball...here's a little bit of what Upward Basketball is about....(I copied this off the Upward website)
Upward Basketball offers a break from the norm. The primary focus of Upward is to develop the Winner in EVERY child, not just a few. By keeping this goal in mind, you are able to build a league that promotes salvation, character, and self-esteem in all who participate by:
-Keeping sportsmanship and competitiveness in proper perspective by not maintaining standings in any division.
-Equipping coaches and referees to minister by providing extensive teaching tools and resources.
-Providing opportunities to promote other church ministries to all players and their families.
-Allowing the coach to focus on ministering to children and their families instead of game strategy, by having a set substitution system where all players are allowed equal playing time and equal opportunity for improvement.
-Encouraging each player with a game-day award following every game.
-Maximizing ministry opportunities by exposing players to Scripture-based devotions during each practice and spectators to halftime testimonies each game day.
Providing opportunities to see changed hearts and lives among children, family members, and volunteers who experience an Upward ministry.
-Maximizing the family schedule by having only one hour of practice and one game each week.
-Building toward a harvest time at the Upward Awards Celebration where players and family members are given an opportunity to respond to the gospel.
**************************************
It's a great program!
Michael and I have coached Upward for 3 years...ever since Jarrett was old enough to play.
We LOVE it!!
Jarrett scored 10 points today. He had a great game.
Here's a few pictures from the game. Taken by my own personal photographer Jayme =-) Thanks Jayme!!!!
Jarrett running out onto the court for his team introductions
"#21 Jarrett Fox!!!!"
and here we are..."and the coaches for the Bulldogs...Michael and Jennifer Fox!!!!"
Jarrett's in the middle....going after the ball
I grabbed the camera and took this one of Jayme.
Allie (Jarrett's girlfriend) is in the background in the back corner.
She was cheering at Jarrett's game today. Jayme is also one of the Cheerleading Coaches.
What a lovely expression!! ha..ha..
Michael in full coaching mode...
Jarrett's game was over at 2:00 and then we had a birthday party at 4:00. It was Jaylen's (my Brother's son) Birthday party. It takes us an hour to get to Ronnie's house....so we had to leave straight from the game and go straight to the party. We had a really good time at his party. Jarrett and Blake love their cousin Jaylen.
Then on the way home we stopped by Mamaw Na Na and Papaw Dan's and Jarrett and Blake ended up spending the night. Their little cousin Brooke was there too...so they wanted to stay. At first we said no...but, then we decided to let them. We are such softies. Michael and I remember how much we LOVED staying at our Mamaw's.....so it's hard to say no.
So on Sunday Michael and I went to church, to lunch and then off to pick the boys up from Mamaw and Papaw's and made it just in time for our church service Sunday evening. Then after our church service we had a Soup/Dessert Social...and we stayed for that too.
We haven't been home much at all this weekend....but my house still looks like a tornado passed through recently!!!! GEE-WHIZ!!!!
Ok...we've got the boys in bed and we are going to TRY to watch a movie. I don't know if I'll be able to keep my eyes open.
Anyways.....here's some pictures from Jaylen's Birthday Party yesterday...with my family. Happy Birthday Jaylen!!
Jaylen....The Birthday Boy
Jaylen and Jarrett
Jaylen getting ready to blow out his candles.
Ronnie made Jaylen's cake....he is such a sweet Daddy!!
opening presents..
Michael
Jackie....my brother Stevie's wife
Denise and Elizabeth....my brother Ronnie's daughters
Me and Stevie =-)
Me and Ronnie =-)
Stevie, Me, Mom, and Ronnie.
Ronnie even shot off fireworks when the party was over.
We really know how to throw a party!!! ha..ha..ha..
The kids thought that was AWESOME!!!
















3 comments:
You are so welcome but it is I who owe you the Thank You. I really enjoyed taking picures with a GOOD camera. I do however have a big problem with the one pic of me. Oh well, I can't wait to see the rest of them. Love You Jayme
I can not leave this page without saying...very lovely picture of you!!!! fun-nay!!
M
How sweet.
Jaylen is so cute. I have not seen Denise or Elizabeth since they were little. They are all grown up.
I don't know how Steve and Ronnie ever allowed their little baby sister to get married. Your husband must have answered all of their questions correctly! ha
I love the pictures and I love your blog. Thank you for doing this for our family.
Love you all
Post a Comment