We have had our typical Sunday.
Up early, off to Sunday school and church. It was my turn to teach our SS class today. We had a room full! We also had 2 visitors....which is great!! I love all the girls in my sweet little class. There's one girl in our class that always gives me a hug before she leaves and thanks me for being her teacher. Let me tell ya....that gets me right in the heart!! Those girls have been such a blessing to me.
Our service today was awesome too. I am so thankful for my church and our church staff. We are so blessed!
In my opinion our church is the best one in the whole state of Tennessee!!
We were also lucky enough to have our pastor (that retired last year from our church) and his wife....Jack and Bettye....to come and visit Sunnyside again. It was so good to see them.
Michael and I have some special people that we have unfortunately lost touch with and we have decided we are going to sit down and make a plan of action to change this. What we have in mind is.....once a month choose one of those people/families and have them over for dinner....to eat and fellowship. What a great combination....right??!!!!
Jack and Bettye are just two of those special people.
It's sad how good intentions are lost with hurried schedules.
Also, last Sunday the Youth Pastor (that we had last year that now pastor's his own church) and his wife also visited our church...Dan and Lisa. It's was so nice to see them again too. The only problem is that when we see them....it makes us realize how terribly we miss them....and makes us sad =-(. Dan and Lisa are like family to us!
Just think....when we get to Heaven there will be no more time schedules!!! Man...O...Man....that will be awesome!!
Anyways....
Then after church off to lunch with the McKays. This is pretty much an every Sunday thing for all of us. However, today was a little aggravating. We went to one of our favorite restaurants and waited for an hour...actually probably a little longer than that. The kids were getting restless (and so were we) and we just kept saying 5 more minutes....ok, 5 more minutes. Then, when we got up to leave and go eat at Burger King....the lady said our table was ready. By that time, we were ALL starving. We used to never go out and eat after church on Sundays.....waiting like that was the very reason why. It's easier to just go home, order a pizza and relax. But, now we are hooked....but, I'm in it purely for the company =-).
and....typically we also go out and eat with friends after evening service on Sundays and normally that consists of ice-cream. Not tonight though because Blake got into big trouble for misbehaving during our evening service.....but, I won't get into that =-).
With all this said.....tomorrow I will be officially getting back into my workout routine full force!! Gym...HERE I COME!!!! I haven't gone to the gym in 2 months!!! aaaahhhhh!!! This is sooo not me!!! I usually go at least 4 times a week. I really hate to see the number that scale is going to reveal to me. I LOVE to workout. I have been going faithfully for 2 years. It has just become a part of who I am. It makes me feel GREAT and full of energy. I'm thinking that I'm probably going to lose 6 or 7 pounds....just depending on how much I have gained over the holidays. My main goal is staying toned!
So tomorrow I will be going to the gym and working on my fitness!! That is...along....with the other 20 things I have to do tomorrow ;-)
Well.....We just put the boys to bed and Michael and I are getting ready to watch a movie....The Bourne Identity. We have never watched it before....and one of my friends said it was GREAT! ;-) We shall see....
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Posted by
Jennifer
at
10:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















1 comment:
Hey there!
Thanks for dropping by my place today! It is nice to meet you!
I am joining the gym tomorrow - and can I just tell you that I am pumped about it?!?! Ours is a YMCA that has 2 hours of free babysitting while I work out! So I plan to work out and catch up on some adult tv as well as some podcasts! I will be planning on taking advantage of those 2 hours!!!
Good luck with your goals!
Post a Comment