Friday, January 4, 2008

What I Learned In 2007

I have thought about how I have changed during this past 2007 year and the things/people that have influenced my life.
I have definitely learned alot this year about myself and about others.
It has made me a stronger person in general.

I had circumstances in 2007 that made me a wiser....
-Christian
-Wife
-Mommy
-Daughter/Daughter-in-law
-Sister
-Friend

I have so many people in my life that I love dearly and deeply!!
-First and Foremost....My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ
-My husband, Michael
-My boys, Jarrett and Blake
-My Mom
-My Brothers--Ronnie and Stevie
-My Mother in law & Father in law, Nancy and Danny
-Friends
-Church Family
-All of my extended family (that I don't get to see that often but, we have gotten much closer through this blog =-) )

I feel extremely blessed to have the family/friends that I have. I cherish each relationship that I have with each one of them and love them all dearly.
I have had the opportunity to enjoy new friendships this year too....people that I feel the Lord has led me to. Friends that I have just had the opportunity to meet this year and also friends that have always been there...I just never had the time to really get to know them. These people have already been a tremendous blessing to me.

I think the most important thing that I have learned this year is Don't Worry, Be HAPPY!! No matter the instance. The Devil would love to take away our happiness. He ain't taking away this gal's happiness!! No Way....No How!!!
Also....to always remember how blessed I am and how thankful I should always be. For everything in my life.....no matter good or bad. It is important to always rejoice during the good times, but also rejoice during the bad times....I can always look back on those trying times and think of how I have grown stronger through them.

I have also learned that I can't do everything, nor can I fix everything...that needs fixing. I had to let some things go in my life. Things that were physically taking up more time than they should have been. Also, things/people that were draining me emotionally.

I always think about something my dear Brother, Stevie, said to me one time. "This life is only a dressing room for what is in store for us in Heaven!" That statement has stuck with me for years!!! It is so true!! The things that happen in this life may seem so important at the time, but in the whole scheme of things.....it doesn't matter at all!! =-) All that matters is our salvation and the assurance that we will one day enjoy our eternal home in Heaven with our Lord.

My Daddy is the perfect example of that. He was such a Godly man. He was such a caring and humble man. A faithful Man. He is currently walking those streets of gold in Heaven....living, enjoying and reaping all of his rewards that he worked and struggled for on this old earth. He can now look upon his Savior's face in Heaven! Hallelujah!!

As Christians our one goal in life is to strive to be the person our God would want us to be and to grow closer to him every day....together, as a body of Christ.
I feel like my God has guided me through several different things this year. He has surrounded me with people that genuinely love and care about me and my family....and would be here for any one of us, at any time. I have never been happier with my life and the road my life has taken.

I give God all the glory for my happiness.....it is simply because I have allowed my Lord to lead, guide and protect me. I have surrendered my all to him.....and He is #1 in my Life!

I am looking forward to 2008 and what I will learn throughout this year.
I pray that God will continue to bless my family and friends.
I pray that I will continue to grow in the Lord and I pray that I will continue to become a stronger Christian each and every day!

The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. Psalms 18:2

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. Psalms 28:7

Snowflake Divider

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simply wonderfully said.
God bless you.
I love you-ann

Anonymous said...

I loved this and I love you too.You are such an inspiration to me. God bless, sharon

Anonymous said...

I REALLY ENJOYED THAT. I AM SO PROUD TO CALL YOU MY FRIEND! I LOVE YOU

angela said...

You have turned into such a spiritual person Jennifer. I am so proud of you. With your faith so strong------God will always grant you happiness.

You are not only my very cool cousin, you are one of my bestest friends.

I love you and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

me